Monday, June 26, 2017

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Part Deux

Okay, so I'm being a little facetious here.

My recovery from the accident has been slow but sure. The worst residual affect is the frequent numbness that happens to my right (dominant) hand. That was the hand that had the fractured bone, actually.

So, I'm back to work and hating every minute of it. But I am not going to go into anything about my employment / employer. This is not the time nor is it the venue. All I can say is that, for me, it is time to move on.

In some ways, I have begun to move on. I finally opened my Etsy store with a new name (you can change that only once, then you need to submit a request) and a new focus - thus Elegant Knots was born. After struggling trying to crochet pop can tab wrist cuffs, I gave up in frustration and let my first store die in obscurity. But part of my rehabilitation (self prescribed, I admit) was crocheting cowls and infinity scarves. There are only so many (and I have TOO many) infinity scarves / cowls a person can have, so what to do with the growing number of intricate and lacy pieces I was producing? Okay, I admit that I planned to sell many of these before I began the special designs I created. And here is my unique take on selling crochet: my pieces are one-of-a-kind piece of art! Yes, I said ART!

Right now I could go over to my inventory and my mouth will drop open at some of the intricate designs I have been creating. I try to marry a design with the yarn, be it the fiber content, the weight or the color, everything is taken into consideration before I pick up my hook. Oftentimes, I've already named the creation, such as Rose Garden Promise which, I admit, is one that always leaves me amazed.

So I have opened my store, though I haven't done very much promoting (just an announcement to my friends via FB). Of course, you don't make sales if no one visits. But I'm ready to update my current listings (which are more cooler weather offerings) with some fun summer scarfs (lighter weight). Then I feel I can start self-promoting more.

Plus, I will begin to showcase each offering on my store, here on my blog, by giving a more in-depth study of each piece as it relates from inception to completed piece of clothing. I hope you find the upcoming posts interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment